FeaturedMissing & Murdered

The Devastating Death of Shanquella Robinson

What Happened to Shanquella Robinson?

25-year-old Shanquella Robinson, a hairdresser from Charlotte, North Carolina, went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on October 28th with six friends to celebrate a birthday. One day later, she was dead. Her parents, Bernard and Salamondra Robinson say they last saw Shanquella on October 28th before she left on her trip with her friends. 

“[I] spoke with her Friday evening she was having dinner and I never spoke with her again,” Salamondra said. “On Saturday evening, they called and said she wasn’t feeling well, and they were going to call a doctor. And when they called, the doctor hadn’t arrived yet, but they said she had alcohol poisoning,” the Robinsons told WBTV. “All I’ve been doing is just crying trying to figure out what happened,” her father said. “I can’t even be a grandfather, can’t even walk her down the aisle, she’s gone.”

Shanquella Robinson standing at the edge of a pool wearing a white swimsuit.
Source: Instagram/its.quella_

What Really Happened to Shanquella?

While no one outside the friend group knows exactly what happened, more information is beginning to surface. Initially, the friends told the family that Robinson had died from alcohol poisoning. However, the autopsy report her parents received stated that she had a “severed spinal cord injury and atlas luxation,” a loosening or detachment of the first vertebra from the base of the skull. Her death occurred approximately 15 minutes after the injury.

More recently, a video surfaced showing one of the friends assaulting Robinson in the Cabo villa just before she died. In the video, a woman attacks a nude Shanquella as other people in the room record it and ask why she isn’t fighting back. “Quella, can you at least fight back?” a man says while recording. Shanquella briefly attempts to hold her arms up to defend herself but is so brutally attacked she is unable to. Since the video surfaced, social media has been on fire with accusations that the friends beat her to death and are now covering up her murder. 

Friend Says He Was Not Involved.

Nazeer Wiggins is one of the friends accused. He says that he had a layover and did not arrive until after Robinson displayed signs of illness, “So I got to the villa around 3:26.” He says he stayed by Robinson’s side until the nurse arrived. According to Rolling Stone, a doctor attempted CPR but declared the official time of death as 3 p.m.

Robinson’s friends returned home, leaving her body behind. The family paid $6000 to transport her body from Mexico to North Carolina nearly two weeks later. 

 Where Does the Case Stand?

The family wants answers.

“She had a heart of gold, she loved everybody,” her mom told Queen City News, which broke the story. “I probably won’t be at ease until someone’s arrested.”

They have contacted Charlotte’s FBI branch to request help with the case and have considered a private investigator. A growing number of people on social media also demand answers as they review the inconsistencies in the friends’ statements, the video circulating, and the autopsy report.

The U.S. Department of State issued this statement: 

“We are aware of these reports. Protecting the welfare of U.S. citizens overseas is among our top priorities. Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, we have no further comment at this time.”

Social Media Response

Shanquella’s body has since arrived in Charlotte. A funeral will take place on Saturday, November 19th.

Suggest a correction or new information.

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Back to top button